Monday, June 14, 2010

Scooby-Doo, where are you, man!?

Well, would you look at that?

After years of threatening to both join the Navy and start a blog, I've gone and done both. Insanity!

Tonight, the Navy is paying for me to stay at the Embassy Suites in the lovely city of Cleveland. This is because they want to lull me into a false sense of security. Tomorrow, they'll send me somewhere I figure is going to be really similar to Hell.

Anyone wanna remind me why I'm doing this? Mild panic is clouding my memory.

Seriously, though, while I am pretty nervous and I'm definitely bummed about having to leave everything and everyone behind, I'm still totally stoked to finally be doing this. My only regret is not taking more initiative in getting better physically prepped. Ah well. No sense dwelling on that, eh?

Anyway! If you're interested in what I'm doing while I'm at boot camp, this is THE place to be!

My very awesome mother, Rita, has [been] voluntold to keep this blog up to date for me, as I have my doubts that I'll be able to write as often as I'd like. Feel free to ask her any questions; I'm sure she'll answer them to the best of her ability. I only ask that you keep in mind that you're talking to my MOM, so, keep it clean and respectful. If it's something you think I wouldn't want my mom to hear, keep it to yourself. Otherwise, I will rip your head off when I get back. :)

I don't yet have any contact information, but my mom will also be the one to get that from. She has a list of folks to send my address to directly, and some of those folks have been given the task of handing it out to those who ask.

I'll be at boot camp for about eight weeks. After that, I'll head to my "A" school in San Diego, and I will have access to my electronics and phone once more. Until then, I expect you to write. Often. Like you're a bill collector and I'm several K in debt. Okay? Okay.

Well, folks, I think that pretty much wraps up my Hello/Goodbye post. I hope you all have a better summer than I'm going to have really great summer!

Much love and many thanks, sincerely,
Jane and Michael Banks *nod*
Crys
Cricket
Crystal
Or whatever you personally call me (to my face).

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment